Fire up the grill and take this classic French salad to the next level! A colorful array of grilled veggies are piled onto grilled flatbread and a topped with a tangy homemade vinaigrette.
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Grill:
- 6 ounces new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes
- 3 ounces haricot verts
- Store bought naan or flatbread (I used 4 mini naan)
- Make the Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients (shallots through extra-virgin olive oil).
- Preheat grill to medium heat (about 400 degrees). If you have a vegetable grill pan, place it on the grill grates while preheating.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and toss well to coat. Pour the potatoes out onto the grill pan, close the grill lid and cook until they start to brown, about 2-4 minutes. While they're cooking, place the tomatoes and haricot verts in the bowl that the potatoes were in. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and toss well to coat.
- Flip the potatoes and push to one side of the tray. Pour the tomatoes and haricot verts onto the other side of the tray. Close the grill lid and continue to cook, flipping the veggies occasionally, until charred and cooked through.
- While the veggies are cooking, put 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette into the bowl that the veggies were in. As the veggies finish cooking, place them into the bowl and toss to coat (I ended up taking the tomatoes and haricot verts off earlier than the potatoes since they cooked quicker).
- When veggies are done, warm both sides of the naan on the grill and remove to a platter.
- To assemble, divide grilled veggies and tuna evenly between the naan. Top with hard-boiled egg slices and olives. Add a few grinds of black pepper, drizzle with additional dressing and enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 539.1 mg
- Fat: 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 16.8 g
- Cholesterol: 106.8 mg
Keywords: grilled salad, tuna nicoise, grilled flatbread