These fun, festive frozen treats are a great way to get your family together in the kitchen!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 sleeves graham crackers (I used Honey Maid Honey Grahams), each sheet broken in half into squares
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (I used 60% cacao)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut and/or sprinkles, for garnish
- Place bananas, peanut butter and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- On a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, place half of the graham cracker squares, leaving a little space in between each. Place the banana mixture in a pastry bag or gallon sized zip-top bag with the tip cut off.
- Pipe a layer of the banana mixture onto each graham cracker square, leaving a little space around the edges so the filling doesn’t overflow when sandwiched. Gently top each with another square of graham cracker and place the entire sheet in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- When you’re ready to decorate your grahams, place chocolate chips in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until fully melted and smooth.
- Remove graham sandwiches from the freezer. Take each graham sandwich, dip it halfway into the melted chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Lay the dipped graham back onto the lined cookie sheet and sprinkle some coconut flakes or sprinkles on top. Repeat with all of the grahams and put the whole tray back in the freezer for at least 2 hours until set. Enjoy!
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli