Fresh tarragon, cornichons and dijon enhance the flavor of this totally mayo-free take on egg salad.
For Egg Salad:
- 6 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Stonyfield 0% Fat)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flaxseed (I used Barlean’s Forti-Flax)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cornichons
- Toasted bread
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Pea shoots
- Peel hard boiled eggs. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, flax, dijon, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add cornichons and stir to combine. Place hard boiled eggs on top and mash with a potato masher or fork until well combined.
- Serve egg salad on top of your favorite toasted bread with thinly sliced radishes and pea shoots on top.
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars