Vibrant citrus and crisp fennel team up in this deliciously fresh, simple salad recipe. Great as a side dish or over your favorite protein.
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 Minneola tangelo
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and thinly sliced (about 4 cups), reserving 1 tablespoon fennel fronds
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons nonpareil capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (can substitute maple syrup or a smaller amount of agave to keep it vegan)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Cut off and discard the peel and pith of the grapefruit. Cut out the supremes from between the membranes; place the supremes in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes over the supremes. Repeat with Minneola.
Add sliced fennel (reserving fronds for garnish), shallot, capers, oil, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and toss gently to combine.
Garnish with fennel fronts and enjoy!
Keywords: citrus, fennel, fennel salad, grapefruit