These cucumber bites are a healthy party appetizer recipe with major Middle Eastern flair! They’re quick & easy to assemble and make a great addition to any dinner or cocktail party. These would also be perfect for game day appetizer spreads!
For Cucumber Bites:
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Stonyfield Double Cream Plain
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, divided
- 1 English cucumber
For Garnish (optional, but encouraged):
- Ground paprika
- Grape tomatoes, quartered
- Thinly sliced shallot
- In the bowl of a food processor, place chickpeas, Stonyfield Double Cream, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon each of the parsley and cilantro. Process until smooth.
- Slice the cucumber into 1/2-inch thick coins. Scoop or pipe the chickpea purée on top.
- Garnish with remaining chopped herbs, paprika, tomatoes, shallot, paprika, and Sriracha, if desired.
Chickpea purée can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
If your purée isn’t smooth enough, process a little longer, and if it’s still too thick, add another tablespoon of Double Cream.
If you want the striped look on your cucumbers, simply use a vegetable peeler to peel off a few strips down the length of the skin before slicing the cucumber.
Keywords: cucumber bites, easy appetizer, vegetarian appetizer