Elvis-Style Frozen Bananas take the classic Elvis sandwich (peanut butter, banana + bacon) to a new level! This easy 3 ingredient frozen dessert ROCKS!
- 4 ripe but firm bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 12–14 slices cooked bacon (the crispier the better!)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside. Cut each banana in half crosswise, then peel. Insert a craft stick into the center of the cut end of each banana and place on the lined baking sheet, making sure to leave a little space around each banana. Transfer to the freezer until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Coarsely chop cooked bacon and pile it up on your cutting board or a plate.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Microwave on high for 15 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 15 seconds and stir again.
- Remove tray of bananas from the freezer. One at a time, dip each frozen banana into the peanut butter, using a spoon to coat the whole thing and smooth it out if necessary. Immediately roll the peanut butter-covered banana in the chopped bacon to coat all sides, then place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bananas.
- Transfer baking sheet back into the freezer and let set until completely frozen, about 3 hours. Once frozen, bananas can be stored in a freezer bag or other airtight container.
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars
- Serving Size: 1 banana