Elvis-Style Frozen Bananas take the classic Elvis sandwich (peanut butter, banana + bacon) to a new level! This easy 3 ingredient frozen dessert ROCKS!
- 4 ripe but firm bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 12–14 slices cooked bacon (the crispier the better!)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside. Cut each banana in half crosswise, then peel. Insert a craft stick into the center of the cut end of each banana and place on the lined baking sheet, making sure to leave a little space around each banana. Transfer to the freezer until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Coarsely chop cooked bacon and pile it up on your cutting board or a plate.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Microwave on high for 15 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 15 seconds and stir again.
- Remove tray of bananas from the freezer. One at a time, dip each frozen banana into the peanut butter, using a spoon to coat the whole thing and smooth it out if necessary. Immediately roll the peanut butter-covered banana in the chopped bacon to coat all sides, then place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bananas.
- Transfer baking sheet back into the freezer and let set until completely frozen, about 3 hours. Once frozen, bananas can be stored in a freezer bag or other airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 banana half
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 416 mg
- Fat: 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 13.1 g
- Cholesterol: 27.7 mg
Keywords: Elvis, Elvis bananas, bacon, frozen bananas, peanut butter