For the French Toast:
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Elmhurst Vanilla Bean Peanut Protein Shake
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Unsalted butter and cooking spray/oil for the griddle
- 1 (15-ounce) loaf challah bread, sliced into 1-inch thick pieces
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high (or 375°F). In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, protein shake, and ground cinnamon.
- Once the griddle is hot, lightly coat the griddle with oil and melt a little butter on top and spread around. Submerge the bread in the egg mixture, one slice at a time, pressing each side down for 5 seconds, and allowing excess egg mixture to drip off back into the bowl. Place bread onto the griddle and fry, flipping as needed, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- To serve, place French toast on a platter and dust with powdered sugar. Sprinkle on a few sliced bananas, pieces of crispy thick-cut bacon, and chopped peanuts. Drizzle with peanut butter and syrup and enjoy!
I like to set up a warming station as I’m cooking my French toast – I have the bowl of batter ready to go, and a baking sheet with a rack on top of it sitting in my oven, set to “keep warm”. If you don’t have that setting on your oven, set it to the lowest temperature it goes, usually around 150-200 degrees F.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 624
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 689.2 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 68.8 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 259.7 mg
Keywords: Elvis, challah, bacon