Beat the heat with this cool, refreshing summer cocktail + mocktail variation!
- 3 ounces english cucumber, peeled (around 4 inches)
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 pieces
- leaves from 2 sprigs mint (about 2 tablespoons)
- 8 ounces gin
- 8 ounces elderflower tonic
- 8 dashes orange bitters
- Optional: 4 ounces seltzer, for nonalcoholic version
- Fill 4 glasses with ice cubes.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together cucumber, lime and mint. Add gin and shake well to combine.
- Divide muddled mixture between ice-filled glasses. Top each with 2 ounces of elderflower tonic, 2 dashes of orange bitters and stir to combine.
- For nonalcoholic variation, omit gin and bitters and add 1 ounce of seltzer to each glass instead. Enjoy!
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars