Mix together 6 ingredients in just minutes with this no-cook bean salad recipe. Perfect for busy summer evenings when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen!
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini bean, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, red onion, rinsed beans, and dill.
- Pour vinegar and oil over top, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Salad will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for several days.
This salad is great on its own, or scattered on top of salad greens.
For a more mild onion flavor, substitute shallots or green onions. The onion will also mellow out after it sits in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 603.2 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: no cook side dish, bean salad, cucumber salad recipe