Layers of graham cracker and vanilla pudding are topped with a layer of chocolate in this light yet decadent make-ahead dessert.
- 22 1/2 sheets (about 1 [14-ounce] box) low-fat honey graham crackers, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) tub fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) tub frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Arrange 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 3 cups milk, pudding mix, and cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat at low speed of a mixer 1 minute or until thick. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers, and top with 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets. Repeat the procedure with the remaining half of pudding mixture and 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets.
- Combine 1/4 cup milk, softened margarine, honey, and unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl, and beat well with a mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar to milk mixture, and beat well. Spread chocolate glaze over graham crackers. Cover dessert and tent with foil; chill 4 hours.
Recipe from Cooking Light January 1998
- Calories: 234