Coconut sugar turns into an ooey gooey topping for these creamy, vanilla-scented bowls of comfort food.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (I used Stonyfield whole milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt (I used Stonyfield 100% Grassfed)
- For the porridge: Bring water and milk to a boil over high heat. Stir in salt and oats, reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked to your desired texture, about 20 minutes. If you find that the liquid isn’t being absorbed close to the 20 minute mark, you may need to increase the heat to medium-low.
- For the bananas: While the oats are cooking, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add coconut sugar, sliced bananas and cinnamon. Continue cooking, gently stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced and thickened to coat the bananas, about 5 minutes.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 446
- Sugar: 30.9 g
- Sodium: 208.8 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 10.7 g
- Cholesterol: 32.4 mg
Keywords: coconut sugar, bananas, easy oats, fast breakfast, brunch