This simple, rich & creamy make-ahead breakfast casserole is an absolute showstopper!
- 1 loaf Texas toast or french toast bread, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries, tossed lightly with flour
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer one half of bread cubes in baking dish.
- Cream together sugar and cream cheese and drop by teaspoonfuls over bread. Layer blueberries over cream cheese. Cover blueberries with remaining bread. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over bread; press bread with spatula to help soak up mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
Recipe from Kludgy Mom
- Serving Size: 8