Make the most of farm fresh produce with these vibrant, veggie-packed bowls.
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, chopped (about 4 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 4 soft boiled eggs (or hard boiled, if you prefer), halved
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Additional fresh herbs, chopped (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onions, thyme sprigs, and red pepper flakes and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until zucchini is tender and starting to brown, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, season, let simmer until the tomatoes start to break down and get saucy, about 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in butter and fresh herbs. Taste for seasoning and add a little more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide rice between 4 bowls. Top each with 1/4 of the vegetable mixture and 2 soft boiled egg halves. Sprinkle on radishes and additional herbs, if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: black rice, one bowl meal, hard boiled eggs, farm eggs