Freshly popped popcorn is a fun, slightly crunchy topping for this silky smooth seafood starter.
- 4oz. sushi grade tuna
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 ear corn
- Splash yuzu juice
- Splash low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs. chili paste
- 1 tbs. honey
- Cracked pepper & sea salt to taste
- Virgin oil drizzle
- Pinch micro celery
- You can pop the corn ahead of time or completely omit it. I like the crunch it provides to the dish.
- Heat outdoor grill to high, clean grates. Quarter peach, shuck corn and toss in olive oil, sea salt. Grill peach flesh side down until charred 2 to 3 minutes, only one side. Grill corn until lightly charred. Fine chop peach and place in small bowl. Shave corn and add to peaches.
- Add yuzu, soy, chili, honey. Toss and set aside in fridge for 20 minutes. Have your fish guy cut a nice center cut block of sushi grade. Thinly slice the tuna and arrange on your best plate. Spoon the peach/corn mixture to the top of the tuna. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Drizzle with virgin oil. Top with popped corn and micro celery. Serve with an ice cold beer.
- This recipe is for 1 to 3 people. If you need more, you can just double the amounts.