This easy baby spinach and cheddar quiche recipe is an incredibly fluffy and delicious way to have breakfast in pie form!
- Store-bought frozen deep-dish pie shell
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place frozen pie crust on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over moderate heat. Add garlic and shallot and sauté until soft. Add spinach, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, and cook until the spinach wilts down, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- While the spinach mixture is cooling, beat eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in cheese.
- Place spinach mixture in the bottom of the pie crust, spreading it out in an even layer. Pour egg mixture on top and bake for 45-50 minutes, until eggs are set. Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before diving in. Enjoy!
Keywords: baby spinach quiche, easy quiche recipe, spinach cheddar quiche