A drizzle of aged balsamic, grated Parmesan, garden fresh tomatoes and basil adorn this deliciously elegant yet simple breakfast dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized (about 3 1/2 to 4 cups - I used the shredding blade for medium-sized noodles)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Basil leaves, torn
- Aged balsamic
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and red pepper flakes and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add zucchini noodles and sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Parmesan, and salt. Pour into skillet over zucchini noodles. Flatten any stray zoodles down with a spatula or spoon and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. If you want a little extra color on top at the end, you can broil it for 2 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting.
- To serve, cut frittata into wedges and serve with tomato wedges alongside. Sprinkle torn basil leaves on top of frittata, drizzle with aged balsamic and an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 199.1 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 9.2 g
- Cholesterol: 191.7 mg
Keywords: fritatta, zoodles, zucchini