Flaky tuna is tossed with orzo, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes and shallots and dressed in a tangy parsley-caper vinaigrette.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 (5 ounce) can Genova Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (drain if using oil packed)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Boston lettuce leaves, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in orzo and cook to al dente according to package directions (mine took 9 minutes). Rinse under cold water and drain well. Place pasta in a large bowl along with remaining salad ingredients.
- For vinaigrette, place capers, vinegar, garlic, parsley and pepper in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, scraping down sides as needed. Stream in oil with the motor running until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and mix well so all of the ingredients are coated. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon tuna-orzo mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy!
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli
- Serving Size: 4