This classic green bean casserole recipe is a staple from my childhood Thanksgiving dinners in the Midwest. Using fresh green beans makes it even better!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups French’s® French Fried Onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook green beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the beans into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish along with the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, and 2/3 cup onions. Stir together and spread into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions and bake for another 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Recipe slightly adapted from Campbell’s
Keywords: Thanksgiving side dish, green bean casserole, cream of mushroom soup