This is the other main dish that we made for this month's Supper Club. It was awesome! The glaze is incredibly flavorful - it's sweet from the honey and nice and garlicky. The five-spice is a really wonderful addition - it makes the flavor incredibly complex. It doesn't take too long to put this together, and it's definitely some of the best homemade takeout food we've had!
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Easily doubles. Serve with rice or fried rice, and stir-fried or steamed veggies for a complete meal.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce*
½ teaspoon five-spice powder
fresh cilantro stem (for garnish)
1. Heat oil in the wok.
2. Add onion and stir-fry until golden.
3. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned.
4. Add the garlic, ginger, honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, and five-spice powder.
5. Toss to combine.
6. Cook until chicken is nicely glazed and heated through.
7. Place on serving platter and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
*Optional: use Gluten Free
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars