The flavors of Italy are stuffed into mushroom caps and baked till tender in this classic appetizer recipe.
- 32 ounces baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and diced small
- 3/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, tomato, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Invert mushroom caps so that the gill side is up, and place a generous amount of mixture into each cap, mounding and pressing it into place.
- Place stuffed mushrooms onto a baking sheet and drizzle the tops with olive oil. Bake for at least 30 minutes, until the tops get well browned (could take up to 1 hour). Enjoy!
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli (inspired by Settino Covelli)