Don’t toss out those beet greens! This simple side dish recipe only requires 4 ingredients and delivers lots of flavor.
- Olive oil, to coat the pan
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Greens from 2 bunches of beets, rinsed well and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Generous pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place a large, non-stick skillet on your stovetop but DO NOT turn the heat on yet. Drizzle enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet and add the sliced garlic. Turn the heat on to medium low and let the garlic slowly brown, flipping the slices over, if needed, to ensure even browning.
- Once the garlic chips are golden brown, remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and set aside for garnish, reserving the garlic-infused oil in the pan.
- Add the beet greens to the skillet and season with salt and red pepper flakes. Use tongs to toss the greens in the oil and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve sautéed beet greens with garlic chips sprinkled over top, seasoning with a little more salt if needed.
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars