Don't toss out those beet greens! This simple side dish recipe only requires 4 ingredients and delivers lots of flavor.
- Place a large, non-stick skillet on your stovetop but DO NOT turn the heat on yet. Drizzle enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet and add the sliced garlic. Turn the heat on to medium low and let the garlic slowly brown, flipping the slices over, if needed, to ensure even browning. This will likely take around 15 minutes.
- Once the garlic chips are golden brown, remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and set aside for garnish, reserving the garlic-infused oil in the pan.
- Add the beet greens to the skillet and season with salt and red pepper flakes. Use tongs to toss the greens in the oil and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are cooked through and the stalks are tender, about 5-10 minutes longer. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed.
- Remove the greens from the pan and serve, topped with the garlic chips sprinkled over top.
- Serving Size: 1/2 bunch of greens
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 163.6 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: beet greens, garlic chips, leafy greens