A fresh, hearty, healthy vegan lunch option that’s guaranteed to please meat-eaters and vegetarians alike! It’s a rich and creamy sandwich filling that you can feel good about eating!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Sandwich bread (use your favorite)
- Salad greens (I like baby arugula, but other greens or sprouts would work, too)
- Place chickpeas and avocado in a medium bowl and smash them together using a fork or potato masher.
- Add cilantro, green onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Spread about 1/4 of the salad on bread and top with salad greens.
Recipe slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod