Roast your own beets at home with less fuss by using your slow cooker – no need to turn on your oven! This method takes very little effort and delivers the same flavor as oven roasted beets. It creates beautifully tender beets – perfect for adding to salads!
- 1 bunch beets, washed, greens trimmed off (and preferably saved to prepare this dish!)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- aluminum foil
- Tear pieces of foil large enough to completely enclose each beet. Lay one piece of foil underneath each beet and drizzle each with a little bit of oil, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Wrap each beet tightly in foil. You can double wrap them if they don’t completely close, this way they will cook properly and won’t make a mess in your slow cooker.
- Place beets inside your slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours, or until tender. Remove from foil packets and slide the skin off, if desired (I didn’t).