A super simple sauce takes this flavorful one-pan keto roasted lemon-rosemary chicken & cauliflower recipe to the next level. Perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) capers
- 2 tablespoons (5 g) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 pounds (900 g) bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the avocado oil, lemon juice and zest, capers and rosemary. Set it aside.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Place the chicken, cauliflower and garlic in a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33-cm) baking dish, in one layer, if possible. Top with the sauce.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and the cauliflower is soft.
Reprinted with permission from Weeknight Keto by Kristy Bernardo, Page Street Publishing Co. 2019.
Kristy’s notes: The sauce in this chicken dish is absolutely to die for. The lemon and rosemary combine with the rendered fat from the thighs that is wonderful with the cauliflower once it’s all baked together. And the garlic softens, so you can eat that as is or smear it on the top of your chicken.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 692
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 660.1 mg
- Fat: 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 42.2 g
- Cholesterol: 222.7 mg
Keywords: keto chicken, weeknight keto, one pan recipe