Fresh fruit, radishes, ramps and burrata cheese add a flavorful punch to this plate of greens! Perfect for patriotic holiday celebrations and summer lunches!
I’ve been working on making salads more interesting lately. And a great way to find inspiration for topping options is a stroll through the Farmers Market.
I found some beautiful fresh burrata cheese at one of the local farm stands, and I just knew it needed to go on top of a big pile of greens for lunch.
I also picked up some ramps and radishes, which added a nice bit of onion-y, peppery flavor.
For sweetness, I sprinkled on some fresh blueberries and cherries, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds for crunch.
A little bit of gray salt, freshly cracked black pepper, really nice olive oil and some aged balsamic, and this salad was good to go!
This combination of flavors worked out beautifully. And the combination of colors really made this salad even more enjoyable. The red, white & blue combo would make this a perfect addition to a Memorial Day or 4th of July meal. Yum!
Looking for more of our favorite salads? Check out these 5-star recipes:
- Roma Salad with Caper-Dill Vinaigrette
- Falafel-Spiced Chickpea Salad with Tahini-Lemon Vinaigrette
- Taco Salad with Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Quick Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
- Pax Romana’s Quinoa Salad with Mixed Vegetable, Goat Cheese & Orange Dressing
- Fennel + Citrus Salad with Shallots + Capers
- Creamy Cucumber, Avocado, Chickpea, & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
- Smoky Shrimp Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- BBQ Ranch Chopped Chicken Salad
- Cantaloupe, Prosciutto and Shaved Parmesan Salad
- Triple Crunch Asian Salad