An Italian classic in a fraction of the time! Refrigerated pasta + your favorite marinara team up for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 85% lean)
- 1 (25-ounce) jar marinara sauce (I used Hoboken Farms Big Red Marinara)
- 2 packages refrigerated cheese ravioli (about 34 ounces total)
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced (I used 2 8-ounce packages of BelGioioso pre-sliced)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Fresh basil, torn, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a 13×9-inch casserole dish on top of a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the veggies start to soften, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until the meat is brown throughout. Drain any excess fat from the skillet, then add the jar of sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour a thin layer of the meat sauce in the casserole dish to cover the bottom. Place 1/3 of the ravioli in a single layer on top of it, cover with 1/3 of the sauce, then 1/3 of the sliced mozzarella. Repeat 2 more times – you should have a layer of mozzarella on top. Sprinkle the top with 1 cup Parmesan cheese, then transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake until everything is nice and bubbly and the cheese is starting to brown on top, about 30 minutes. Let sit at least 10 minutes before garnishing with torn basil and serving.
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars