This quick, hearty make-ahead salad is perfect for lunch on-the-go or as a fresh, flavorful last minute addition to any meal.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Microgreens or baby lettuce, for garnish (optional)
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil, dill, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add chickpeas, cucumber, and tomatoes and toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Divide salad between 2 bowls, topping each with half the avocado and a scattering of microgreens or baby lettuce and a sprinkling of salt, if desired.
The flavors of this salad can mellow out a bit in the refrigerator – feel free to add another sprinkle of salt right before serving to boost it back up.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 476
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 794.5 mg
- Fat: 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.8 g
- Fiber: 16.6 g
- Protein: 14.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea salad, lemon, dill