Pumpkin season is nearly here! Let’s celebrate by slathering pumpkin pie spiced mascarpone between beautifully fluffy slices of Challah.
- 1 loaf Challah, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A few tablespoons of unsalted butter, for greasing the griddle
- A few tablespoons of vegetable oil, for greasing the griddle
For Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Heat griddle to medium-high. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. When the griddle is hot, add a tablespoon each of butter and oil and spread around until melted.
- Dip slices of Challah into the egg mixture, allowing it to soak in for a few seconds before flipping over to soak into the opposite side. Place onto the hot griddle and allow to cook until nicely browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- While Challah is cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together filling ingredients (or use an electric mixer) until well blended. Once the slices of Challah are done cooking, spread a nice thick layer of the pumpkin pie spiced mascarpone on half of them, and top them each with one of the remaining slices to make sandwiches.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and a nice sprinkling of powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 694
- Sugar: 17.9 g
- Sodium: 660.5 mg
- Fat: 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 21.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 24.7 g
- Cholesterol: 484.9 mg
Keywords: stuffed French toast, challah, pumpkin, mascarpone