Crunchy, delicious granola is simple to make at home and is such a great pantry staple.
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pie spice (I used Penzey’s, which I love!)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit, fruit preserves or dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the oats, brown sugar, pie spice and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, oil and vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown, about 10-15 minutes longer.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. (Note: It will harden as it cools.)
Recipe adapted from Chowhound
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars