An easy ice cream-free peanut butter banana milkshake recipe (with optional shot of whiskey) topped with peanut butter whipped cream & bacon.
For the whipped cream:
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
For the milkshakes:
- 8 frozen bananas (see notes in post above)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 4 ounces whiskey, bourbon, or rum (optional)
- 4 pieces cooked bacon (see notes in post above for my favorite method)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 maraschino cherries (or Amarena or Luxardo)
Make the whipped cream: In a large bowl (preferably chilled), combine 1 3/4 cups whipped cream, 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste. Whip together using a hand mixer, stand mixer, or whisk, until peaks form. You can also do this with a whipped cream dispenser – see post above for instructions.
Make the milkshakes: To a blender, add frozen bananas, 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, 2 cups milk, 1/4 cup peanut butter powder, and whiskey, bourbon, or rum (if using). Blend on high, stopping and scraping down the edges if needed, until blended.
To serve: Drizzle 1 tablespoon of peanut butter inside each serving glass. Divide milkshake mixture between glasses, then top with whipped cream, bacon pieces, and cherries as desired.
If your milkshake mixture is too thick, add another splash of milk. If it’s too thin, you can add more frozen banana pieces or a few ice cubes to help thicken it.
Inspired by the Jimmy Carter milkshake at The Rookery in Macon, Georgia.
Keywords: Jimmy Carter recipes, milkshake without ice cream, peanut butter banana milkshake