A rich, garlicky dip made from roasted red peppers, walnuts, and pomegranate molasses. Great served with pita bread and feta cheese.
- 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- Crumbled feta, for garnish (omit to keep this vegan)
- Pita triangles as an accompaniment
- In a food processor blend together the peppers, bread crumbs, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, cumin and red pepper flakes until the mixture is smooth.
- With the motor running, add the oil gradually until it reaches a consistency that you like (you may use slightly more or less than 3/4 cup).
- Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle on some feta. Serve at room temperature with pita triangles for dipping.
Recipe adapted from Gourmet December 1993
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 68.1 mg
- Fat: 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pomegranate molasses, roasted red peppers, walnuts