Serve these bite-sized spinach and parmesan morsels with your favorite mustard for a tangy appetizer offering!
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups crushed herb stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farms seasoned bread crumbs)
- 1 cup firmly packed grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into 1-inch balls. Cover and refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake.
- Arrange spinach balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350°F or until lightly browned. Serve with your favorite mustard for dipping.
Recipe from The Savory Notebook
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 28.8 mg
Keywords: spinach balls, easy appetizer, small plates