Freshly milled grain adds a whole new dimension + loads of nutrition to this simple breakfast cereal.
- 1 cup (7 ounces) kamut berries
- 3 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (or dairy-free butter substitute)
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon
- Dried or fresh fruit (I used dried strawberries & coconut chips)
- Mill kamut berries on a medium setting (I used the sixth coarsest setting on the Mockmill dial). You should end up with about 1 1/4 cups cracked kamut.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cracked kamut, almond milk and salt and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened to your liking, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in butter and maple syrup. Garnish with cinnamon and fruit, if desired.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 446.1 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 64.2 g
- Fiber: 7.3 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: milling, Mockmill, porridge