For the main course for Dino's parents' birthday dinner, I made a dish that was a big hit at our Supper Club a few months ago. This is pretty easy to put together, but definitely double the recipe if you want it to serve 4 people. There aren't a lot of veggies or anything else bulking this dish up, so it goes fast. And when you double it, be aware that it's going to take longer for the glaze to thicken. Just a friendly FYI 🙂 I served this over some steamed jasmine rice, and it was a big hit, once again!
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Easily doubles. Serve with rice or fried rice, and stir-fried or steamed veggies for a complete meal.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce*
½ teaspoon five-spice powder
fresh cilantro stem (for garnish)
1. Heat oil in the wok.
2. Add onion and stir-fry until golden.
3. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned.
4. Add the garlic, ginger, honey, fish sauce, soy sauce, and five-spice powder.
5. Toss to combine.
6. Cook until chicken is nicely glazed and heated through.
7. Place on serving platter and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
*Optional: use Gluten Free
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars