A flavorful mix of spices and chipotle peppers impart bold flavors onto your steak of choice. Great with a spicy glass of Chilean red wine!
- 6 (6 ounce) skirt steaks, trimmed of fat
For the rub:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grind all rub ingredients in a coffee mill and rub all over steaks. Put coated steaks in a zip-bag, and let marinate in refrigerator 6-10 hours.
- Prepare a grill, or heat a grill pan. Remove steaks from bag and brush them lightly with oil. Grill over high heat for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side or until done to desired tenderness.
- Serve with your choice of side dishes, such as grilled corn, fresh sliced tomatoes or guacamole. Leftover skirt steak always makes great tacos!
Recipe from Lapostolle
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 549.3 mg
- Fat: 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 41.5 g
- Cholesterol: 154.7 mg
Keywords: steak rub, spice mix, coffee spice rub