Take your brunch game to the next level with these vibrant, citrus-packed toasts! Grilled bread is smeared with goat cheese and topped with fresh grapefruit, blood oranges, and honeybells before being drizzled with honey, fresh thyme, and a superfruit seed blend.
- 6 slices sturdy bread (I used a Tuscan round)
- 4–6 tablespoons culinary coconut oil, softened
- 4–6 pieces mixed citrus fruit (I used grapefruit, blood oranges, and honeybell oranges)
- 1 (4-ounce) log goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped and stems discarded
- 2–3 tablespoons Barlean’s Superfruit Blend
- Preheat grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Spread coconut oil on both sides of each slice of bread. Once grill is hot, place bread on grill and cook, flipping occasionally, until grill marks show up on both sides and bread is nice and toasty.
- While bread is on the grill, peel citrus. Slice both ends off so you have a nice sturdy base for the fruit to sit upright. Carefully slice the peel away, making sure to cut the white pith off but leaving the fruit intact. Cut peeled citrus in half, then slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- Spread goat cheese over each piece of grilled bread, then cut each piece in half. Layer citrus on top, alternating colors, and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle thyme leaves and Superfruit Blend over top and serve!
Room temperature is often soft enough for the coconut oil, but if yours is a bit firm, you can microwave it for a few seconds to further soften it.
You can use an outdoor grill or broiler to toast the bread as well, just be sure to flip it and watch it to keep it from burning!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 20.6 g
- Sodium: 297.3 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 8.7 mg
Keywords: toast, goat cheese, brunch, citrus, honey