Sweet and a little spicy, these addictive stuffed peppers are the perfect accompaniment to any appetizer spread!
- 1 (14 ounce) jar mild peppadew peppers, drained (reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid)
- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together reserved peppadew liquid, goat cheese, basil, parsley, chives, green onion, lemon zest, garlic and yogurt. If the filling is too thick, add a little more yogurt to thin it out. Pipe filling into drained peppers and serve!
- Tips: To pipe the filling, you can place it into a gallon-sized ziptop bag and snip off the corner, use a piping bag or squeeze bottle.
Keywords: easy appetizer, goat cheese, stuffed tomatoes