Two types and sizes of chocolate chips make these tender cookies doubly delicious!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (I used Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur Flour 100% Organic)
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup 60% bittersweet baking chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, and yogurt for 1 full minute. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar and mix on low until combined. Stir in flour until just combined, then gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by large spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets (I used a #30 scoop, which is just over 2 tablespoons per scoop). Place 12 on each baking sheet, leaving space between each scoop of dough.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned. Let cool on the baking sheets for a minute or two before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, make the icing. In a medium bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and yogurt. Stir with a fork until smooth. If it’s too thick, add a little more yogurt. If it’s too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. You want it to be thick enough to hold its shape if you plan to write with it.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 25 g
- Sodium: 77.8 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.1 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 29.5 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, best cookies, coconut sugar, vanilla icing