A quick blend of herbs & spices mixed with yogurt makes these colorful on-the-go snacks the perfect healthy treat!
For Ranch Seasoning Mix:
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red (cayenne) pepper (optional)
For Ranch Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of Ranch Seasoning Mix (recipe above)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Stonyfield's 0% Fat)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used Stonyfield's Lowfat Smooth & Creamy)
- Any mix of raw and blanched veggies that you like - make sure you pick a variety of colors! (I used raw carrots, celery and a mix of green/yellow/orange/red bell peppers. I blanched broccolini and haricot verts, pat them dry and included those as well)
- For Ranch Seasoning Mix: In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients (dried parsley through celery seed, plus cayenne, if using).
- For Ranch Dressing: In a Ball Canning jar or other container with a lid, add 1 tablespoon of the Ranch Seasoning Mix, Greek yogurt and plain yogurt. Mix well to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. The longer it sits, the more the flavors mingle and deepen.
- For Serving: Place 1/4 cup of Ranch dressing in the bottom of each of 4 jars (or cups). Take an assortment of veggies and stand them upright in the container. Don't overpack the jars, or the veggies will be difficult to remove. Enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 38
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 254.1 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 2.9 mg
Keywords: homemade ranch, ranch dip, veggie tray