Garlicky broccoli rabe is paired with grilled chicken, alfredo sauce, and Parmesan cheese for an Italian restaurant classic in pizza form!
For Broccoli Rabe:
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6–8 cloves garlic, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe to the boiling water and let cook until slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté until the garlic starts to get some caramel-brown bits, about 5-10 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe, season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue to sauté, stirring occasionally, for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- When the broccoli rabe is almost done, preheat oven to 400°F, and preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Brush the grill pan with oil, then cook the cutlets until fully cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side, covering with a lid or tenting with foil if needed. Remove to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Place pizza crust on the wire rack-lined baking sheet. Drizzle a thin, even layer of alfredo sauce onto the crust, leaving around 1/2 to 1 inches clear around the edge. Top the sauce with a layer of broccoli rabe, then top with sliced chicken strips.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven until heated through and the crust is crisp, about 5 minutes (or as directed on the pizza crust package). Remove to a pizza peel or cutting board and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut into slices and serve.
Make sure you wait until after your oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes are in the skillet to turn the heat on the stovetop.
Cast iron grill pans work best when preheated over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. This allows it to heat up evenly.
The amount of alfredo sauce you will need depends on the size of your crust.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 1775.1 mg
- Fat: 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.9 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 26.5 g
- Cholesterol: 43.2 mg
Keywords: pizza, alfredo sauce, broccoli rabe