- 4 thick cut slices of Challah bread
- 1 banana, halved and sliced lengthwise
- Unsalted butter, softened (or use spreadable butter substitute)
- Powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Special equipment: panini press
- Preheat your panini press. Slather one side of each slice of Challah with a layer of Nutella. Don’t be shy.
- Lay banana slices along 2 of the Nutella-covered slices of Challah, and flip the other slices, Nutella-side down, onto the bananas.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the outsides of the 4 pieces of Challah and place sandwiches on the preheated panini press. Lower the top of the press and cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the bread is nicely caramelized and the filling is warm.
- Remove panini, slice in half, dust with powdered sugar and dive in!
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli