3 cheeses, prosciutto, and pickled grapes make this sweet & salty burrata pizza recipe served with freshly broken burrata a luscious app or main course!
For Pickled Grapes:
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup red seedless grapes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
For Garlic Parmesan Butter:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (12-inch round)
- 8 ounces fresh salted mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1/2 small shallot, thinly sliced (about 1-2 tablespoons total)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto di Parma (about 3-4 ounces total)
- 4 ounces fresh burrata cheese
- Position an oven rack in the upper third of your oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Make the Pickled Grapes: In a small saucepan, combine white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, sugar, and water. Bring to a simmer and heat until salt and sugar completely dissolve. Place sliced grapes in a heatproof bowl and pour the pickling liquid over them. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Drain pickling liquid from grapes, stir in 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and chopped tarragon and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Make the Garlic Parmesan Butter: In a small bowl, mix together softened butter, 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet and spread the butter mixture in an even layer over the top, leaving an inch or so around the perimeter of the crust. Tear mozzarella slices in half and place over the top of the butter, leaving a little space between each piece. Top with a scattering of sliced shallots and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven until the cheese melts, about 7-10 minutes. Switch to broil and cook until cheese is bubbly and browned, about 1-2 minutes more, rotating the baking sheet if the cheese isn't browning evenly.
- To serve, transfer pizza to a pizza peel or cutting board. Sprinkle with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, torn pieces of prosciutto, and the pickled grapes. Tear fresh burrata cheese over top right before serving.
You may end up needing to transfer it to the broiler if you have a hard time getting the cheese to brown on top.
I tend to put the crust on top of a baking rack on my sheet, too, which helps keep it from getting soggy if the butter runs off a bit. It also makes the crust cook up a bit nicer.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 1504.1 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.5 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 24.3 g
- Cholesterol: 36.6 mg
Keywords: burrata pizza, pickled grape, 3 cheese