This boozy side dish can be prepared several days in advance and is the perfect accompaniment to any holiday meal!
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, place cranberries, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and cinnamon. Stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring every 10 minutes, until it reaches your desired consistency (about 35-35 minutes.
- Take pan off heat and stir in bourbon. Refrigerate until well chilled.