Peanut butter, toasted pecans and 2 types of chocolate chips amp up the flavor in these chewy cookies, inspired by The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems.
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 stick butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cups chocolate chips (I used a mix of 1/2 cup milk chocolate and 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chips)
- Place the chopped pecans in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring or shaking the pan occasionally, until browned and fragrant, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter on medium high for 1 minute (or use a large bowl and hand mixer).
- Add sugars and beat at medium high for another minute. Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips and toasted pecans (the dough will be quite soft).
- Chill dough for 20 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Drop the dough by small scoopfuls (I used a #50 scoop) onto the lined baking sheet. Return remaining dough to the refrigerator while each batch bakes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli
Big Flavors Rating: 5 Stars