This stuffed French toast can be filled with your favorite flavors – the sky (and your imagination) is the limit!
- 1 baguette (I used a full one, cut into 4 equal lengths)
- French toast batter (I used this recipe)
- Filling of choice (see notes below – I used 4 ounces peach preserves whipped with 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon mild flavored cooking oil per serving (I used 4 tablespoons sunflower oil for 4 servings)
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- Slice a 4 inch hunk off of a baguette.
- Scoop out the center, reserving the scooped out pieces.
- Fill with your favorite flavor of stuffing leaving a tiny space to cap it. (whip or purchase whipped cream cheese and allow to come to room temp and stir powdered sugar, cordial, dried or fresh fruit, chocolate chips, jam, preserves, spices, etc. the sky is the limit!!!)
- Put the reserved pieces of baguette from the scooping over the filling and push in gently to cap the filling.
- Soak in your favorite recipe for French toast batter for 5 minutes.
- Heat your favorite skillet or sauté pan with one tablespoon of mild flavored cooking oil.
- Remove perdu from batter and allow excess to drop back into soaking pan.
- Place in hot pan with the cap side down FIRST.
- Rotate as each side fries to a golden brown.
- Plate and serve.
Recipe by Beylka Krupp of Wobble Café
- Serving Size: 4