Tomatillos, fresh herbs, & avocado are blended together in this silky-smooth, spicy dip recipe courtesy of Top Chef All-Star Marcel Vigneron.
- 1 package Original or Tandoori Spice Naan Crisps
- 8 oz (3-4) tomatillos, husked
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 serrano (use one if you like it less hot)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro, pre washed and loosely packed
- 1/2 cup parsley, pre washed and loosely packed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Blanch tomatillos in boiling water for 5 minutes then shock in an ice bath. Remove tomatillos from ice bath once cooled.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatillos, garlic, serrano, cilantro, parsley, lime juice, cumin, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and 1/2 cup of water and process to a coarse purée.
- Add avocado and pulse until nearly smooth. Pour into a bowl and enjoy with Original or Tandori Spice Naan Crisps.
Recipe from Marcel Vigneron for Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 590.5 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: avocado dip, serrano peppers, tomatillos