The tasty results from the first installment of Big Flavors from a Mystery Basket!
- 1 pound fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 18 ounce tube polenta, sliced into 8 equal rounds
- Paprika, kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mild pickled okra, sliced, plus 1 tablespoon of the brine
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen
- 2 tablespoons shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, breaking it up and stirring with a spoon or spatula as it browns. Once the meat is brown all over, add tomatoes and chickpeas and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly reduced and the chickpeas are heated through. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet (preferably nonstick) over moderate heat. Sprinkle each slice of polenta with a little paprika, salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Sauté until brown on both sides.
- While the polenta is cooking, in a small bowl mix the okra slices and brine, bee pollen, shallots and parsley. Set aside.
- To serve, place 2 slices of polenta in each bowl. Top with some of the chorizo & chickpea ragú and a bit of the relish. Enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 864
- Sugar: 11.6 g
- Sodium: 2244 mg
- Fat: 57.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 18.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.9 g
- Fiber: 9.5 g
- Protein: 38.1 g
- Cholesterol: 105.1 mg