Dino wanted to try out crepe making this weekend, and I'm so glad he did. These turned out AWESOME. He filled them with crème fraiche and blackberry jam. I put some sliced bananas on mine and it was delicious. I took some step-by-step photos so he can post a tutorial - he found a really good method for easy crepe-making. Stay tuned!
Adapted from Allrecipes.com JENNYC819
"Here is a simple but delicious crepe batter which can be made in minutes. It's made from ingredients that everyone has on hand."
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:30 Min
½ cup milk
½ cup water
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients up to the flour.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Slowly incorporate the flour and salt mixture into the wet ingredients, whisking thoroughly.
4. Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.
5. Scoop ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan, tilting the pan in a circular motion to coat the surface evenly.
6. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
I worked out a system of transferring the finished crepe to a plate and began cooking the next one. When it is time to flip the cooking crepe over, I added the filling to the cooked one and rolled it up. I put the finished crepe on a warming burner so I could serve them all hot at once.
MacGourmet Rating: 5 Stars